Applications Open – Wednesday, 5th April and Close – Friday, 18th August 2017
Please read the ‘Definition of Categories’, ‘Instructions’ and ‘Guidelines‘ below before commencing your submission. The submission must be completed on HMA’s application form accessed on the HMA website. An application on a form created by the applicant will not be accepted.
Definition of Categories
- To access the category in which you are submitting your application/s, click on the name/s of the category/ies below.
- The link will then open the relevant application form for you to access.
- In the case of the Rising Star Award and the HMA Board Award, you will find information only relating to these 2 specific categories. You do not need to complete an application form for these 2 categories.
- The criteria for judging of these 2 awards will be available in the information pertained within these documents. Please read the information carefully and contact Carol McEwan on 0438 242 899 or email email@example.com if you have any questions.
- Create a folder with your company name, followed by an underscore and the award category you are making submission into – eg. Ajax company_marketing application
- Click on the ‘link’ for the relevant application form – it will open – then do a ‘save as’ of the application form – name it accordingly eg. Marketing application – put the application form into the folder (as above)
- Continue to insert all information relating to that specific category into that folder. E.G. Marketing application form, marketing supporting documentation. You may wish to open individual folders within that folder for your ‘supporting documentation’ and label each folder accordingly, e.G. Photographs, graphs, certificates of evidence, etc. It is important that all information relating for the specific category is altogether in its own separate folder.
- Ensure you also have included in the folder a copy of your
- Company logo – in hi res jpeg and eps
- Profile on your company – 5 dot points
- Create new folders with relevant names for any other categories applied for, using the same process.
- E.G. Ajax company_product design application
- E.G. Ajax company – training application
If your supporting documentation for a category is the same as for another category, you will need to ensure you have copied the same information for each category separately as there are separate judges for each category and they will not know that you have already supplied the information for a different category. For example if you are applying for the marketing category and you have photographs as supporting information and you wish to have those same photographs used for the product design category, you will need to ensure you copy the same photographs for each of the submissions you apply for as the marketing judge and the product design judge will not see each other category nominations.
Please contact Carol McEwan on 0438 242 899 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have trouble accessing any of the application forms.
Below is a link to a video to assist you with you application form completion
Wait! Have you completed your registration form? Please make sure this is submitted before completing the relevant Application Forms below.
Application forms are in WORD format – please save as a PDF when submission is completed.
- Excellence in Innovation
- Excellence in Marketing
- Environmental Excellence
- Excellence in Product Design
- Excellence in Export of Manufactured Goods
- Excellence in Manufacturing Process
- Excellence in Safety
- Excellence in Technology
- Excellence in People and Skills Development
- Apprentice of the Year – Manufacturing
Please note the criteria for this category states that the apprentice should be in the “Final year or just completed”. However, if an apprentice is outstanding and is not in the final year or just completed, the judge will accept the application form and the submission will be assessed.
- Rising star award
An application form is not required for this category. The judging will be carried out by an interview process. Click on the name of this award to obtain information relating to the criteria and process for this award.
- HMA board award
An application form is not required for this category. This is a ‘discretionary’ award and the winner will be chosen after the judges have reviewed all applications from all the categories. The winner of this award will receive a trip for one person to an international destination to attend a trade fair or an event, pertinent to the expertise of the winning company. The overseas trade fair or event should be one that will assist the winning company to expand and grow and benefit them, with an opportunity to showcase themselves in the global market.
- Manufacturer of the Year
The manufacturer of the year application form appears in section 2 of the ‘general’ application forms. The winner of this award will receive a trip for one person to an international destination to attend a trade fair or an event that will assist the winning company to expand and grow and benefit the recipient with an opportunity to showcase themselves in the global marketplace. To be eligible for this award, section 2- manufacturer of the year, must be completed.Note: If you are submitting applications into more than one category, when you have completed Section 2 – manufacturer of the year – you may simply copy and paste those manufacturer of the year application details onto subsequent application/s that you are submitting.